This page is set up to allow Calkins Road MS Science Olympiads in the Fossil Section to access material that I have introduced at weekly meetings. I plan to add to this weekly from November 2018 until the competition on the first weekend of March 2019.
There are 3 sections (General Info, Introduction to Fossils and Quizzes). All contain links to material we have, or will, cover when we meet.
General Material: — click on the link in green
- Fossil Rules — please read, ask questions if anything is unclear
- Fossil_List_2019– We will review each and every one between November and late January.
- Geologic Time Scale vertical— the better you know this and appreciate the magnitude of the times represented here, the better you can grasp geologic history and the animals that have thrived and then gone extinct in geologic time.
- GeologicTime Scale horizontal – another version
- taxonomy – Biologic Classification from Kingdom to species
- environments – mostly definitions of where animals lived
- Major Extinctions – a single page summary
Introduction to Fossils:
- Forams, Sponges, Bryozoa (1-6) posted 11/15
- Cnidaria and Graptolites (7-12) posted 11/15
- Arthropods (13-20) posted 11/21
- Brachiopods (21-29) posted 11/21
- Mollusca (30-44) posted 12/1
- Echinodermata (45-49) posted 12/7
- Fish (50-59) posted 12/11
- Amphibians and Reptiles (60-66) posted 12/11